1. thermoplastic elastomer can be processed by general thermoplastic molding machine without special processing equipment.
2. Production efficiency has increased significantly. It can be directly vulcanized by rubber injection molding machine, and the time is shortened from about 20min to less than 1min. Since the curing time required is very short, it can be directly vulcanized by the extruder, and the production efficiency is greatly improved.
3. Easy to recycle and reduce costs. The waste generated during the production process (escape burrs, extruded scrap rubber) and the final waste products can be directly returned for reuse; used TPE old products can be recycled after simple regeneration, reduce environmental pollution, and expand the source of renewable resources.
4. Energy saving. Most thermoplastic elastomers do not require vulcanization or have a short curing time, which can save energy. Take the energy consumption of high-pressure hose production as an example: rubber is 188MJ/kg, TPE is 144MJ/kg, and energy saving is more than 25%.
5. The application field is wider. Due to the combination of rubber and plastic, TPE opens up new applications for the rubber industry.
6. Can be used for reinforcement and toughening modification of plastics. The self-reinforcing property is large, the formula is simplified, the influence of the compounding agent on the polymer is small, and the quality performance is easier to grasp. However, the heat resistance of TPE is not as good as that of rubber. As the temperature rises, the physical properties decrease greatly, so the scope of application is limited. At the same time, compression deformation, elastic recovery, and durability are equivalent to rubber, and the price is often higher than that of similar rubber. Despite this, the advantages of TPE are still outstanding, and various new TPE products are constantly being developed. As a new energy-saving and environmentally friendly raw material for rubber, the development prospects are very promising.